Saturday, January 12, 2019
Milwaukee Youth Arts Center
The winnerperforms as soloist—accompanied by members of Sinfonia—in the
Saturday, May 18, 2019, 7:00 pm
Shattuck Music Center Auditorium, Carroll University
Application and deadline
- Please use the online application form at the link below to submit your information.
- NEW–You will receive an emailed confirmation of your application. Print out this email and obtain signatures of the applicant, a parent, and the applicant’s private teacher.
- The signed email printout must be received in the office (325 West Walnut Street, Milwaukee, 53212) no later than Friday, November 9, 2018.
- Confirmation of receipt of applications will be sent.Please call the office if you do not receive this byNovember 20.
- This competition is open only to musicians in MYSO’s Sinfonia; previous winners of the Sinfonia Concerto Competition are ineligible.
- Musicians may audition only on his/her instrument played in Sinfonia.
- Musicians must be in good standing and up-to-date with all membership fees in order to compete.
- Musicians who fail to show up for the competition without a phone call notification to the MYSO office at least 24 hours in advance of January 12may be considered ineligible to compete in any MYSO Concerto Competition in 2020.
- Memorization is preferred but not required.
- Piano accompaniment is required. Families must make their own arrangements. Call our office if you need assistance.
- Required repertoire:
Bach, Concerto No. 1 in A minor, Mvt. 1
Bach, Concerto No. 2 in E major, Mvt. 1
Telemann, Concerto in G major, Mvts. 1 & 2 OR Mvts. 1 & 4
Stamitz, Concerto in D major, OP. 1, Mvt. 1
Vivaldi, Concerto in D major, RV 403, Mvts. 1& 2 OR Mvts. 2 & 3
Vivaldi, Sonata No. 5, op 14, Mvts. 1 & 2
Marcello, Sonata No. 2, Mvts. 1 & 2 ORMvts. 3 & 4
- MYSO is not able to guarantee audition times. Please note times you can’t make.Consider your accompanist’s schedule.
- All MYSO concerto competitions will occur simultaneously on January 12.
Contact Marna Bestul at email@example.com or 414-267-2945 with questions.