Saturday, January 11, 2020
Milwaukee Youth Arts Center
The winner performs as soloist—accompanied by members of Sinfonia—in the
Saturday, May 16, 2020, 7:00 pm
Shattuck Music Center Auditorium, Carroll University
Application and deadline
- Please use the online application form at the link below to submit your information.
- You will receive an emailed confirmation of your application. Print out this email and obtain signatures of the applicant, a parent, and the applicant’s private teacher.
- The signed email printout must be received in the office (325 West Walnut Street, Milwaukee, 53212) no later than Monday, October 14, 2019.
- Confirmation of receipt of applications will be sent. Please call the office if you do not receive this by November 1.
- This competition is open only to musicians in MYSO’s Sinfonia; previous winners of the Sinfonia Concerto Competition are ineligible.
- Musicians may audition only on his/her instrument played in Sinfonia.
- Musicians must be in good standing and up-to-date with all membership fees in order to compete.
- Musicians who fail to show up for the competition without a phone call notification to the MYSO office at least 24 hours in advance of January 11 may be considered ineligible to compete in any MYSO Concerto Competition in 2021.
- Memorization is preferred but not required.
- Piano accompaniment is required. Families must make their own arrangements. Call our office if you need assistance.
- Required repertoire:
Bach, Concerto No. 1 in A minor, mvt. 1
Haydn, Concerto in G Major, mvt. 1
Telemann, Concerto in G Major, mvts. 1 & 2 OR mvts. 1 & 4
Bach / Casadesus, Concerto in C Minor, mvt. 1
Haydn, Divertimento in D Major, mvt. 1 OR 2
Squire, Tarantella, Op. 23
Marcello, Sonata No. 2, mvts. 1 & 2 OR mvts. 3 & 4
- MYSO is not able to guarantee audition times. Please note times you can’t make. Consider your accompanist’s schedule.
- Concerto competitions for Metropolitan Symphony, Philharmonia, Sinfonia, String Orchestra, Chamber Flute Ensemble, and Flute Chorale will occur simultaneously on January 11.
Contact Marna Bestul at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-267-2945 with questions.